It was the perfect 16th birthday celebration. The hotel reservation was a surprise, and the plans played out perfectly. Your daughter’s two best friends were able to arrive at the hotel early to help you decorate and the room had plenty of space. After you and your husband take the girls out for dinner your husband will head back home. You will park yourself in the front room and you will let the three girls stay in the back bedroom in the suite. You were able to request both an early check in and a late check out using the hotel management software list of options.
Your daughter was surprised, the room was perfect, and you actually got a good night’s rest even though you were sharing a space with three teenage girls who were beyond excited for their first full week of summer.
The hotel reservation industry has grown increasingly competitive in the last decade. Although people may be traveling the same amount and staying in hotels the same basic number of night, the resources for finding a hotel room have grown by leaps and bounds.
With third parties offering rooms from hotels from a number of providers, for instance, a travel can collect points for free night rewards even when they stay in rooms that are offered from a number of different chains. And while many hotel chains would rather that everyone would make all of their room reservations from them, the latest trends in hotel industry technology allow hotel chains to release groups of rooms in a variety of price ranges to make sure that fewer rooms are vacant on any given night.
Hotel reservations software, in fact, makes the job of both the hotel owner and the customer less confusing, and easier to manage. With common hotel reservations software, for instance, an online customer can quickly sort through a number of rooms offered by a number of different chains by simply using one universal hotel reservations software platform. Convenient features like the fact that the hotel management system software package remembers the needed dates and occupant numbers means that these comparisons can be made very quickly. The fact that these software packages also track the dates and the locations of upcoming customer travel plans means that social media posts can be driven toward specific customers in direct response to their previous searches, inquiries, and bookings.
Hospitality management software systems allow guests to preview room choices by scrolling through a gallery of photos, while at the same time also making sure that the extra accommodations are specifically listed and explained.
- Going on vacation can be much easier than you might expect if you book your hotel or bed and breakfast stays using the latest hotel reservations software platforms. By being able to compare the prices offered by many hotels, it is convenient and fast to find the best deal, while at the same time being able to read customer reviews.
- Estimates indicate that 53% of people use their mobile devices to find travel related information. From nearby attractions to the number of treadmills in the workout room, these hotel software booking sites help people understand their hotel room choices before they ever leave their home.
- The average no-show rate at hotels across America is 10% daily. Fortunately, the most current hotel reservation software package can provide clear guidelines and cancellation dates which have to be accepted before a reservation is confirmed so that customers know when they will need to pay for these no-shows.
- Approximately, 50% of Millennials and Generation Xers indicate that cost is a barrier to leisure travel, but only 45% of Boomers agree to this statement.
- Room rates can vary on weekends when the reservations are lighter than during the workweek. Fortunately, the reservation software can reflect these differences.
- One frustration many customers have is that they are not certain that they are getting a fair hotel rate, but this problem can be solved when the reservation software package explains all of the pricing options.
- Of those surveyed, 75% of travelers indicate that they are planning one or more weekend getaways this winter.
- Making reservations online allows you to know that you get exactly the room that you want.