Is Your Business Looking for a New IT Services Provider?
Informational technology (IT) companies provide a number of services to their customers. From data center storage to support and solutions, IT services is a wide umbrella that offers companies of all sizes options that can help their groups be more successful, secure, and sophisticated.
There was a time when some banks and other large companies built their own data centers because there was not a provider that could offer these services. Today, however, this is not the case. Just as large manufacturing plants once build their own power plants decades ago so that they could make sure that they had the uninterrupted power that they needed to run their assembly lines, there are still some companies making the mistake of handling their own data storage. No company has their own power plant any more because there are large providers who can do a much more efficient job of providing electricity. Likewise, there are a growing number of banks, as well as other financial institutions and businesses that now realize that data storage and IT services are better handled by an outside provider. From IT security services to IT solutions and IT support, there are IT companies that can offer a full range of services. These services are more affordable and reliable than individual companies trying to host these services themselves.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the IT services industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- 61% of companies of all sizes cited return on investment (ROI) as a reason for using a managed services provider (MSP).
- 54% of companies indicate that they have experienced IT downtime from a single event lasting more than eight hours.
- 66% of businesses surveyed used an outside IT firm in the previous year, according to a 2015 survey.
- 38% of companies of all sizes indicated that enhanced security and compliance was the reason for using aMSP.
- Although only 50% of businesses are are using cloud-based technology, 96% of businesses report having a disaster recovery solution, so there appears to be a disconnect between what companies think they have and the actual services that they are using.
- Worldwide IT spending was projected to reach $3.7 trillion in 2018, according to the latest forecast by Gartner.
Putting out fires is always a challenge, but when it comes to a workplace disaster that requires IT solutions, the flames are easier to control if you have an experienced MSP on your side.